Wire Rope Wick
- 32mm length designed for use with the AGA-TD and RSST
- 316 Stainless Steel NOT galvanized
- 7x7 braid
- 3/32 inch diameter product. Measured with a micrometer it is about .1 inch / 2.54mm. Slightly bigger than 3/32nd inch
- Approximately 1.26 inches in length (32mm)
- NO nylon center thread.
- The surface is not uniform. Wire rope is a braid with a surface shape that resembles a spiral. Micrometer calipers are flat and narrow. Not a happy marriage.
- Wire Rope is compressible. You might think "Hey.. this is steel.. what do you mean it compresses ?" It is a braid, so there is a small amount of slack in each twist which allows for compression, so getting an accurate measurement is tricky.
- Steel expands/contracts with temperature.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Bought this rope for my Smoktech RSST RBA. Previously used the 7X19 version, but only got about three builds out of those before significant fraying. I'm on my 6th build with the 7X7, and still counting - no frays. Also, the 32mm rope (recommended on RSST product page) is a much better fit than the 37mm (recommended in rope-size chart). Specifically, everything lines up better on the positive post when using 32mm. In summary, go with the 7X7 3/32 32mm wire rope for your Smoktech RSST RBA. You won't be disappointed.
My mesh rolling days may be over! Put some mesh on the tip and wrapped some 28 gauge around it. Wicked and vaped pretty good right off the bat.. A little practice and I think this will be my permanent genesis set up.
Warning!! If you use plyers to hold while you torch the wick be careful not to squeeze it too had or the braid will come undone and your wick will be damaged. Also torch it over a wet rag or cup of water because they take a while to cool and you can't place it down on your table or a paper towel.
Even though the description says they are the correct diameter for the RSST, there's wiggle room. A LOT of wiggle room. The 32mm is the correct height to match the center post when inserted all the way, but the 3/32 is just too thin. When trying to use a 3mm hollow Ekowool sleeve, it wobbles side to side making it difficult to wrap a coil. The 1/8 would be a better choice.
Kidney Puncher says: Thanks for the feedback Kyle ! We'll be updating our product description soon with this new advice and wanted to acknowledge you as one of the people who have written to us saying that 1/8th SS Wire rope is better for the RSST..
This works great with little effort. Torch it put it in tank, put a small piece of hollow core eko wool on top, build a coil and vape away. No more slow wicking issues and when you use the hollow core eko wool on top you will have no hot spot issues either. Ss rope wick is awesome and so easy to deal with. 1000 times better than mesh. It will last forever if you are carefull with it not to fray ends. Use 4mm eko wool hollow core for top part of the wick.