Wire Rope Wick
- 32mm length designed for use with the AGA-TD
- 316 Stainless Steel NOT galvanized
- 7x19 braid
- 1/8 inch diameter product. Measured with a micrometer it is about .1335 inch / 3.34mm. Slightly bigger than 1/8th inch
- Approx 1.26 inches in length (32 mm in length)
- NO nylon center thread
- The surface is not uniform. Wire rope is a braid with a surface shape that resembles a spiral. Micrometer calipers are flat and narrow. Not a happy marriage.
- Wire Rope is compressible. You might think "Hey.. this is steel.. what do you mean it compresses ?" It is a braid, so there is a small amount of slack in each twist which allows for compression, so getting an accurate measurement is tricky.
- Steel expands/contracts with temperature.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I found the 1/8th to be a perfect fit for the large wick holes in the AGA-TD dual coil. I used a bench grinder to smooth out the ends and shorten them up a little. Having previously done my own cuts, I can appreciate how cleanly cut they are right out of the package. Having tried both, I prefer the cable wick over SS mesh. I’m becoming a big fan of Kidney Puncher service and inventory. One shout out for Kidney Puncher.
This stuff is amazing good. Will probably last forever.